Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Geckos



This little guy didn’t react when I slipped a ruler up the side of the door and then snapped a picture of him lazing on top of the door. I had been wondering if the geckoes were as big as they seem from a distance and now I know. This little guy was a medium size one, definately not the longest or fattest I've seen.

Saturday May 2nd.

The other day while writing about my life in general, I mentioned both geckos and chuckles. In case you didn’t read it, I mentioned how several geckos occupy my house and how, unrelated to the geckos, every week some funny little incident will happen that will keep me chuckling for a few days straight. Friday the geckos were responsible for my weekly chuckle.

Wondering if the temperature was cooling down outside, I swung open the balcony door, peeked my head out, and then shut it. As the door swung closed, a brown blur passed by the corner of my eye and I felt something soft bump into my shoulder. Instinctively, I jumped back and looked down just in time to see a gecko run to the wall and then up into the window frame.

As far as I could recall, it was the first time I’ve ever had a lizard fall on me. They’re pretty surefooted but the quick movement of the door must have knocked it off. The gap between the top of the door and the door frame ranges from ½ to ¾ inches – just the right size for a lizard to hide.

Saturday I got on a chair and peeked up into the gap and was surprised to see that a differnt gecko had occupied the spot on top of the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment